Monday, May 3, 2010

Brings back memories...

So we were wandering around Old Town - checking out the buildings etc and we walked into this smoke shop. Wow even before I made it all the way in I could smell pipe tobacco. Oh my gosh it brought back so many memories of my Grandfather, Daddy George. I would go with him when he went to buy more pipe tobacco. I just loved the smell of the pipe shop - except the cigars. One shop had really strong cigar smells & I really didn't like that but pipe - any day.

 It smelled amazing & all the different pipes - some really old - it was just awesome.
The wall of tobacco was cool but the ones that smelled so good were in the jars at the bottom of the picture.


There was lots of smoke, they had a smoking/humidor area off in the back corner so at first it was a little strong but I could have stayed there for quite a while just looking at all the pipes and smelling all the different tobaccos.
I'll have to ask my Mom what ever happened to my Grandfather's pipes...great memories...= soft reminiscent smile.

1 comment:

  1. WoW!~What a fabulous memory.~ Daddy George's pipe was always one of my most favorite memories, too! Blooming Smiles! Love, Mom XOXO

    ReplyDelete